London (UK), February 2017 - The Department for International Trade will shortly be kicking of its new GREAT Britain International Trade Campaign. This campaign will generate demand for British goods and services from business and government buyers internationally. Throughout the campaign, they will be highlighting exceptional companies, products, and services that represent the very best of what the UK has to offer.
The British Institute for Learning & Development (The BILD), as a UKTI Trade Partner, has been asked to nominate its members for possible inclusion in the campaign. The involvement may vary from being a case study to being showcased on its new website to inclusion in their advertising visuals.
UKTI criteria for what makes an exceptional nomination
- Is the company world leading?
For example, Rolls Royce supply the engines to over 70 of the world's airlines. Hawk-eye Innovations ITF-approved Electronic Line Calling service is used in over 80 tournaments around the world.
- Has the company invented goods or services that are a "world first"?
For example, Touch Bionics is the first company in the world to develop an electrically powered prosthetic hand with five independently powered fingers, a life-changing innovation for its users.
- Has the company revolutionised their sector/industry, perhaps inventing a completely new category?
- Does the company have hard facts and figures to back up their outstanding achievements?
For example, ARM Ltd. ARM-based application processors can be found in about 85% of the world's mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Over 50% of smartphones shipping today contain processors that implement the latest ARMv8-A architecture.
- Has the company broken any world records or achieved any major accolades for their achievements?
- Does the company continue to innovate and look to the future for advancing its offering of product/service to the marketplace?