London (UK), February 2022 - Capita's Education and Learning business, part of the Capita Public Service division, has delivered six months of strong progress since launching in August 2021. The creation of the new Education and Learning business saw the merger of the successful Capita Learning business with Capita's wide range of education contracts.
The Learning arm of the business continues to partner strategically with organisations to deliver digitally enabled managed services across the public and private sectors and maximise return on learning spend. Clients span the private and public sectors, including NHS England & Improvement and other government agencies, plus several leading financial services organisations and major automotive manufacturers.
The new merged business has brought together the operational strengths of Capita Learning with the education contracts, serving clients such as the Department for Education, in a more streamlined and efficient way improving learning and career outcomes for all.
The services delivered by the new combined business include
- deploying digitally enabled managed services for employers to deliver major reskilling programmes, such as agile training to the Royal Navy and digital learning transformation to a leading global provider of audit and accounting services;
- helping schools convert to academy trusts and providing specialist financial expertise to trustee boards;
- providing development opportunities to pupils through music and outdoor education;
- providing support and training to teachers during the first two years of their career, through the Early Careers Framework;
- delivering a comprehensive range of school improvement and support services;
- administering, processing, and marking England's primary school national curriculum assessments for the Department for Education (DfE), enabling 650,000 children to progress through the education system;
- supporting 50,000 disabled students a year to claim Disabled Students' Allowance through the Contacts Associates business;
- enabling jobseekers to build skills in sectors with high demand, such as health, digital, and administration through online skills programmes;
- managing over 6,000 apprenticeships each year for government departments, including the Department for Work and Pensions and HM Revenue & Customs, which results in helping learners develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours required for their future careers.
Alongside maintaining strong client delivery, Education and Learning has recently also won significant new contracts with key partners, notably with Northern Ireland's Education Authority, to deliver 20,000 laptops to all teachers across Northern Ireland, as well as with the Department of Education for the administration of the Turing grant scheme, giving young people the opportunity to work and study abroad.
Costi Karayannis, Managing Director and Client Partner for Education and Learning at Capita, said, "The progress made by Education and Learning since our launch six months ago has been strong. Uniting Capita's education and learning businesses under one umbrella means we can draw on a wider range of internal skill sets to support governments, learners, and major employers across the lifelong learning journey, bringing deep expertise and innovation around digital learning, upskilling, school effectiveness, and technology.
"We recognise the role of Learning in improving people's life chances and creating better outcomes for our employer partners. I am proud of the commitment and expertise our teams bring every day in supporting major reskilling and upskilling across the economy."