Gloucestershire (UK), June 2021 - There's no doubt that the world of learning and development has changed rapidly year-on-year, and the landscape is now a completely different space compared to the past several years. With changes in trends, training deliveries, and new technologies - not to mention a global pandemic - Nimble continues to rise to these challenges.
The mainstay of Nimble's ethos since it first launched the company at Learning Technologies in 2014 is "What can we do to make our products and services even better to help support our customers?".
In December 2020, Nimble successfully launched their new authoring tool Nimble Author 2, and the start of 2021 has already seen Nimble grow as a company even further. The talent acquisition of five key appointments to their existing team is vital to advance their positive long-term growth through product innovation and significant fortification of the support given to their valued customers.
The company's Founder and Managing Director, Neil Hyde, says, "We're proud of our innovative and approachable eLearning platform, but that's only part of our story. Nimble cares to provide world-class support to our customers. The expansion of our support team demonstrates our continued commitment to ensuring every customer achieves success. We only succeed if our customers do!"
Alex Hathway, Nimble's Commercial Director agrees. "We focus on our customers' changing needs and strive to continually improve our offerings to them. We are delighted to have found such superb talent and expertise, which will bring even more value to our existing Nimble team. They are all essential to the evolution of our future plans for both our products and services."
Nimble prides itself on their outstanding and award-winning customer service. With an increasing number of customers, there was a need to further enhance and expand their existing Customer Success Programme to stay ahead of this growth. They have appointed two additional Customer Success Managers who are eager to bring their extensive experience to Nimble's customers:
- Anya Sahla, Assoc. CIPD has been in learning her entire career. She's also been a customer of Nimble with two different companies for the last four years. After choosing Nimble with Direct Online Services (DOS), Anya was clearly an advocate, as she then moved to Safran and introduced Nimble there. Safran is the third-largest company in Aerospace and Aviation and has its own internal learning hubs. Anya proactively took responsibility for Safran University UK's delivery of strategic learning in a wide variety of subject areas - both hard and soft skills. Anya holds CIPD Level 5 Diploma Learning and Development and is currently studying towards CIPD Level 7 Award Learning and Talent Management. She is also a volunteer committee member of 'CIPD Gloucestershire L&D'.
- Mike Heath is an L&D enthusiast, with 18 years working with a wide range of organisations within the education sector, including schools, local authorities, multi-academy trusts, and further and higher Education. During this time, he's worked as an account manager, business development manager, support advisor and trainer, and he’s built up the knowledge and skills to excel in the L&D space.
In his previous role as an Account Manager at Capita Education Software Solutions, he worked with stakeholders at all levels, cultivating new and existing relationships with customers in the edtech space. Before Capita, Mike worked at LMS and eLearning provider myAko as Head of Education, focusing on L&D support, consultative evaluation of existing training strategies, as well as customer training and presenting to audiences of all sizes.
- Dave Cotterell is joining Nimble as Technical Support and Quality Assurance Tester to round off their Customer Support and Development teams. His high standards and capabilities in these areas make him an excellent all-rounder, with a broad range of skills that will really help Nimble to extend and enhance the robustness of their support and testing functions.
More recently, Dave has been working as Application Support and Testing Manager with the Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) on their e-assessment platforms, where he achieved both his ISTQB Certified Tester foundation and Prince2 foundation certifications. He has also worked at Digital Assess and for educational software providers Sherston Software.
- Hannah Davies is Nimble's new Learning Adviser. This role will benefit not only their customers, but prospective customers too by providing L&D insights that they value. Her role also forms part of Nimble's ambitious marketing strategy which is intended to promote Nimble and elearning industry best practice. Thought provoking articles will be delivered across multiple formats as well as a range of initiatives including training, white papers, videos, elearning courses, blogs, seminars, webinars, monthly emails, knowledge bases, case studies, podcasts and one-to-one meetings.
Hannah's previous role was Head of Educational Services at Avantis, where she built a comprehensive suite of online training courses for ClassVR customers worldwide and managed the creation of a constantly updated bank of educational content and supporting teaching materials for ClassVR. Before Avantis, Hannah was a Classroom Teacher for nine years, across four schools.
- Giving a great experience to their customers is key to Nimble's offering, and Product Designer Mike Smith is providing a valuable steer as Nimble develops their new generation of Nimble products. He has been involved in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) design for 17 years and will bring beneficial product design knowledge to Nimble's development team.
Mike's vast experience at companies IGD, intechnologyWiFi, and most recently CORVID in the design of commercial websites, responsive sites, mobile apps, and back-end interfaces has allowed him to create engaging and user-friendly designs that look great, adhere to brand guidelines, deliver clear business value, and ensure maximum user experience.
Working alongside Nimble's customers, Mike will be running surveys and focus groups to gain valuable insights, which will ensure that Nimble's products continue to keep one eye on the future.
With this talent being added to their already highly skilled Nimble team, their newest members will be integral to keeping customers' needs at the top of the company's agenda.