Glasgow (SCT), June 2016 - Create eLearning, a mobile-friendly eLearning-portal producer, has passed its ISO 9001 surveillance audit. ISO 9001 is a quality-management standard that helps organisations demonstrate that they deliver a consistently high level of service.
In addition, Create eLearning has Investors in People (IIP) Silver Standard. It also adheres to IT security standards ISO2701, 21 CFR Part 11, HIPAA, EU Privacy Directive, and Safe Harbor.
Carol-Ann Stevenson, Head of the Customer Success Team at Create eLearning, commented, "The recent ISO 9001 audit checked that the company is still compliant with the standard, following its initial accreditation last year. The auditor was more than happy with our internal processes and decided that we are adhering fully to the standard."
In addition to meeting these standards as a company, Create eLearning ensures that its platform is HTML5 compliant. It’s built with PHP on a Zend Framework and hosted by Amazon Web Services in the US, EU, and Asia regions.
Its AWS, Elasti-Cloud, media management, storage buckets, automated load balancing, mirroring, and auto-failover ensure
- rapid server-response times
- the intelligent compression of content makes playback on poor connections or going offline possible
- increased redundancy, scalability, security, and ability to invoke disaster recovery automatically.
Create eLearning’s managing director, Mark Taggart, said, "The system supports many API standards and can integrate with many HR, ERP, and CRM platforms via single sign-on, Active Directory, LDAP, SAML, web services, and so on. This enables the automated sending of user and training metadata to third-party systems."
Mark formulated the concept for Create eLearning’s multi-layered training platform, having worked for many years in the heavily regulated clinical-trials industry. His clients needed to train thousands of patients, doctors, and nurses in as many as 67 languages, across all time zones, on how to use data capture and patient compliance technologies to remain Good Clinical Practice Compliant (GCP).
Mark’s problem was that the existing LMS and eLearning Course building tools
- were unaffordable or hard to use and deploy
- did not support the many time zones, languages, or fonts that clients needed
- would not work on mobile devices or offline where internet connectivity was slow or non-existent
- would not integrate with the master system to give users a single sign-on
- were unable to meet the stringent security needs of the FDA and EMA for standards such as HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, EU Privacy Directive, and Safe Harbor.
So, in 2010, he raised capital to build what became Create eLearning - an intuitive, easy, fast, multi-cultural platform designed to make training technology available for all, in a number of languages.
A fan of Apple and Netflix, Mark feels that the Create eLearning platform is like Netflix for training, with the added obvious advantage of allowing working offline on low-cost devices. He added, "This is an important consideration, particularly for the developing world, where affordable education and training is needed."