London (UK), June 2019 - Effective organisational change demands a strong HR capability and powerful tools to steer an organisation through digital disruption. A one-day complimentary masterclass for senior HR and L&D Leaders hosted by Kineo and The Oxford Group will equip participants with a clear understanding of what "disruption" means and help to define the principles of what’s needed for a coherent leadership plan and transformative learning strategy.
Title - Digital transformation: leading and learning in a digital age
Venue - Farmers and Fletchers in the City, 3 Cloth Street, London, EC1A 7LD
Date - 18 June
Guest - Professor Alan Brown, Professor in Digital Economy, University of Exeter and co-lead for the Initiative in Digital Economy at Exeter University (INDEX)
Alan is named in the apolitical.co 2018 list of the world’s 100 most influential people in digital government and is a fellow of the Alan Turing Institute, the UK national institute for AI and data science. He's an erudite and entertaining speaker who will bring to life agile approaches to business transformation and the relationship between technology innovation and business innovation in today’s rapidly evolving digital economy.
Workshop – Leadership and Management
Elizabeth McManus, Head of Transformational Leadership at The Oxford Group, will facilitate a practical session on the things that leaders find easy to say but hard to do, but which must happen if HR is to remain relevant in a digitising economy.
- explore fostering a culture of innovation
- consider humanity at work in high change environments, exploring how to positively impact organisational culture and customer experience
- understand finding the right mindset – what to do when you don’t know what to do
- debate experimentation – the benefits of creating safety around potential failure
- identify how leadership development needs to change to reflect the opportunities of the digital age
- look at understanding the attendees’ businesses and breaking down functional barriers
- create the foundations of an organization specific action plan for structuring, communicating with, and managing teams
Workshop – Organisational Learning and Development
Paul Westlake and Jez Anderson, Kineo, will define the role of HR in building digital capabilities through practical exercises that bring to life the impact these experiences can have on informing an organisation’s learning journey.
- explore the role of HR in meeting organisational KPI’s
- debate the value gained from engagement with people in the organisation
- look at the difference between "push messaging" versus genuinely bringing people along authentically through learning
- consider the holistic risks to organisations that go beyond the bottom line
- develop the foundations of the core principles needed for a strategic transformational learning vision that will make an organisation a digital destination
Reflections and questions - Professor Alan Brown, Elizabeth McManus and Paul Westlake