London (UK), October 2016 – British Council has announced the fourth annual fair and conference "New Technologies in Education", which will take place 09-11 February 2017 in Belgrade, Serbia.
The 2016 event, which took place in in February, was very successful. Here is some of the key data:
- 4,200+ visitors from over 20 countries
- 60 exhibitors (25 international and 19 from the UK)
- 120 presentations, roundtables, and workshops
- 20+ senior decision makers from 13 countries (including three ministers of education)
- 4,800 live-stream viewers
- 1,900,000 people reached via social media #novetehnologije
- 200+ media coverage of the event (with live studio of National Broadcaster)
- 79% of the exhibitors have reported that they established new partnerships
For February 2017, British Council is preparing a number of new activities based on the feedback from event participants, partners, and exhibitors. The focus will be on using the ICT in preschool, primary, secondary, VET, and higher education, as well as on the development of HR.
There will also be a special programme for education-sector decision makers from 30 Central and Eastern European countries. Featuring the participation of relevant speakers and important guests from the UK and the region, more than 100 presentations are planned.