Oslo (NO), January 2019 - The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is pleased to announce a Call for Interest for the 29th ICDE World Conference scheduled for 2021. Member institutions are asked to submit declarations of interest for hosting the event. The organization is particular interested in bids from members in South America and the Middle East.
Bids can be submitted by individual institutions or collectively by a group of institutions within a region.
The biennial ICDE World Conference is widely recognized as
- the leading international event in online, open, and flexible education
- offering a forum for the presentation of cutting edge developments
- offering a forum to directly impact and contribute to future international and regional educational policy discussions
- providing international and regionalised perspectives, insight, and experience from world-renowned experts, leading academics, and politicians
- providing a platform for professional development, interaction, and knowledge exchange with universities at the forefront of online, open, and flexible education, IGOs, NGOs, and companies and research organisations involved in the field
- providing access to network building, with the opportunity to make connections and strengthen existing relations with rectors, vice chancellors, faculty members, and staff from about 200 ICDE member institutions and 20 member organisations.
The ICDE World Conference attracts 600-1000 participants representing
- the research community
- teaching staff
- students in open and distance learning, as well as eLearning
- management of educational institutions
- policy makers
- the public sector
- relevant professional and international associations
- training companies
- suppliers from the private sector
Applications should be submitted by email by 04 March 2019. The application should include
- a covering letter explaining the applicability of the institution for hosting the event
- an official endorsement by the head of the institution
- a description of the institution’s ability to provide quality of organization and planning, information and marketing, and programme content
- a description of the benefits of the proposed location.
- a detailed description of options for venues and facilities
- a description of hotel options
- a milestone plan for the preparation of the conference
- a breakdown of expected costs, including a proposal for conference fees.
- a communications plan
- a short description for an abstract review system and a delegate registration system
- a description of the potential for attracting sponsors.