Pune (IN), September 2017 - UpsideLMS is enabling ISS, a global provider of facility services, to centralize and standardize training across its global offices while catering to the individual L&D needs of each country.
ISS is a leading global provider of facility services, offering a wide range of services such as cleaning, catering, security, property-support services, as well as facility management. With around 505,000 employees and local operations in 77 countries across Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and the Pacific, it serves thousands of public and private sector customers. To make its employee training management across all these countries simple, centralized, and standardized, and to have the ability to cater to the individual L&D needs of each country, ISS chose UpsideLMS, a full-featured, multi-award-winning learning- management system.
UpsideLMS enabled ISS to
- deliver a personalized learning experience in the form of "My Learning - ISS", which allowed ISS employees to access online courses, learning resources, as well as extensive employee-development programs tailored to the company's brand values, anytime
- create separate portals for each of its regional offices with individual access, a dedicated URL, and a personalized learning environment, while ISS’s L&D team retained the control, rights, and privileges for each portal
- seamlessly integrate with ISS's country-specific HR and payroll enterprise applications for information sharing and managing various functions with ease
- eliminate the language barrier for ISS's worldwide employee base by offering country-specific solution in languages like Turkish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish
- automate learner creation and authentication in UpsideLMS through HRIS and ADFS integration.
While UpsideLMS is offered as an off-the-shelf, cloud-based, SaaS LMS, some customizations were undertaken to make it more suitable for ISS's unique requirements. Some custom developments in UpsideLMS, such as "My Learning - ISS", include a competency-management module; a retraining module; batch management (as a part of ILT); dashboards for administrators, learners, and line managers; and related reports.
Speaking about ISS's experience with using UpsideLMS and working with the team, Dan Bennett, Group Learning & Development Manager at ISS, said, "Over the last few years working with Upside, ISS has embraced their LMS platform. We are now using the LMS in a number of countries across the world, managing on-job training delivery and record-keeping. In addition to being excellent value for money, some of Upside's key strengths are their flexibility and willingness to work with their clients to really understand their needs. Having worked with both their application and content teams on major projects, we now have a tailored solution in place that helps us meet training and compliance requirements in a number of industries."