Wellington (NZ), March 2017 - Totara Learning will be hosting its APAC Totara User Conference 11-12 April in Wellington, New Zealand, in collaboration with the New Zealand Totara Government User Group. The event will bring together the Totara Community from a wide variety of industry sectors to collaborate and learn from each other's experiences, with delegates from some of the world’s leading organisations attending.
The format will be a one-day main conference on 11 April, followed by a day of optional, primarily Partner-run workshops. Attendees will hear directly from the Totara team about product innovations and future plans, with keynote sessions from
- Richard Wyles, CEO of Totara Learning
- Con Soditis, social media strategist
- Dr Stephen Barnett, Director at Medcast
Day 1 of the conference will consist of a wide range of TED-talk-style Totara-user case-study presentations covering themes such as managing learning, increasing uptakes and freedom to extend the LMS. As well as this, attendees will also be invited to participate in Knowledge Café and Q&A sessions, along with a cocktail event to close the day.
Day 2 of the conference will comprise a series of optional workshops, taking place on 12 April. These will be
- implementing performance management in Totara: why, how, tips, tricks and winning war stories - facilitated by Androgogic
- best-practice site administration and custom Totara roles - facilitated by Catalyst IT
- business challenges and Totara solutions - facilitated by Synapsys
- setting up an optimal user experience and workflows in your LMS - facilitated by Catalyst IT
- content curation and content management - facilitated by Totara Government User Group
- the learners’ journey: measuring experiences with xAPI and Totara - facilitated by Kineo APAC
There will also be an opportunity for user-conference attendees to visit some New Zealand government agencies on 10 April for an exclusive insight into the work they are doing with Totara LMS. These visits are free and optional.
Sue Dark, APAC Channel Partner Manager for Totara Learning, said, “Though we have a strong online community, it’s a great opportunity to meet in person in order to discuss how Totara products are being used and support the learning that takes place amongst our clients.”
All attendees will be also awarded a Totara User Conference open badge as a thank you for participating.